Thursday, January 13, 2011

Restored Faith in Man

Dear Kind Sir,
I don't even know your name,
but today you restored my faith in man kind.

You had no way of knowing I was up all night
puking and gagging.

You had no way of knowing that I was late to work,
Sleep deprived and feeling blue.

You had no warning the around 8:00 a.m.
my car would slide on ice,
spin across the freeway
and land inches from your white van.

You had every right to roll your eyes
and flip me the bird.

Or to curse at me
and honk your horn.

Instead you quickly turned off your car,
in the middle of the free way,
with cars honking and rushing by.

You checked to make sure I was unharmed
and cheerfully shrugged away my million
"I'm so Sorry!"
with a " No harm done" and a smile.

You then especially didn't have to do what you did next...

You didn't have to stand
in the middle of the freeway,
stopping traffic,
so that I could flip my car,
that was facing south on north bound,
the correct direction and drive to work.

Thank you Sir.
For what you may have viewed
as nothing.
I view as something
Amazing.

I wish I knew your name.
I wish I could tell you this in Person.
Thank you Kind Sir.

Sincerely,
Kayla

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's so scary! Kris and I totally just spun out on the freeway driving back home! The roads are bad, huh? I'm really glad you had a nice man to help you. We were able to get the car going and home safely. The miracle was that the car wasn't even harmed- it had hit the barrier but I guess we had slowed down enough that it didn't even make a dent.

    ReplyDelete