Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Something We All Need

I need (really want...) to do a photo shoot that means something!
Don't get me wrong! I love my fun fantasy photo shoots with my friends...
But, I want to create a picture that some one can look at and draw strength or hope or power from it.
I want to touch someone's life. ( really I'd settle for touching a minute of their day)

Theme: Waiting for a Change

So as I sit here at my computer with photo editing mind block...

*I think of the exact people I would want to Shoot ( with a camera) if I was brave enough to ask them.

*I read Carman Thorley's blog (http://www.coffeeflavouredsatire.blogspot.com/) because her words in a strange way always make me feel brave.
p.s. You really should check out her blog :)

* I play the song "How to Save a Life" by: The Fray repeatedly through my head

* I also may ponder "Raise Your Glass" by: PINK

*I don't text

* I make lots and lots of grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes

* I mostly just sit, think, dream and feel increasingly un-brave.

I really want to make a change, ya know?

5 comments:

  1. I might think you're the best. Blog more often for pete's sakes. With some of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So basically Kayla, we still need to get together for a photo shoot! Do you still have my poems? I am coming up during thanksgiving so Nov. 24th through the 28th if you can do something, give me a call. 8013683392

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla you ARE brave.
    No jokes.
    And honestly, Nine times out of ten people are flattered if you ask to take their picture. Luckily people are sometimes selfish and they LOVE to see themselves in your pictures, because you are awesome at it. (i speak from experience :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth!
    The problem is the "models" I want are not really my friends. They are more like acquaintances... I'm to chicken to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i firmly believe my comment still applies :)

    ReplyDelete