Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ms. Lange

Lately I have been fascinated by Dorothea Lange.


I feel like we share
the same view on photography.
Un-posed people are what show the true story.
"No subject can hold anything
that is false for them for long.
So you have to wait until certain decisions
are made by the subject.
What is he going to give the camera?
And the photographer,
what is he going to take?"
- Dorothea Lange

Ms. Lange makes me feel restless.
I want to travel around like her.
I want to take photos that capture the
true meaning inside of people's lives.
I just want to follow some one all day
and document their day!
I want my photos to impact American,
Like Ms. Lange's Migrant Mother did.






Migrant Mother - 1936
This Dorothea Lange's most famous picture.
This single picture ( after circulating all of the USA) convinced the U.S. Government to send 20 thousand pounds of food to the starving pea pickers in Nipomo, California.

















I WANT TO MAKE AN IMPACT.

No comments:

Post a Comment