Sunday, February 27, 2011

Im Long winded....SORRY!...Here's...RUTH!

Day 1: Ruth
The very first time I met Ruth was in
Mr. Negro's
Sophmore Honors English Class.
Mr. Negro loved Ruth.
Ruth did not love Mr. Negro
Nor do I think she enjoyed
our class full of snots.
She sat kiddie-corner to me
and seemed to project
an air of sophistication
around her, that made me
afraid to speak to her.


(Ruth's look of Sophistication)





I first spoke to Ruth
when were put in
the same group to
play Apples to Apples.
She asked my name,
smiled and then promptly
turned to talk to her
neighbor who went to
Junior High
with her.
Oh well.
Obviously our story doesn't end here
or else why would I be blogging about her?
Junior year came
and with it
came Spanish 2
Yikes...
I'm not sure how I
even passed
Spanish 1!
With Spanish 2
came
"Table Cliques"
Ruth sat up front with all the
popular sophisticated
smart Spanish learning people.
I sat at the table in the back with the
creeper guy and the girl who
spent all class writing swear words
on her binder.
:/
One day I happened to get
to Spanish class early.
Ruth watched my walk in the door
and quickly shouted my name
"Kayla!"
Who me?
Ruth, along with James and Andrew,
waved me over, smiled and promptly
asked me to sit at their table.
:)
I was feeling quite honored until
I was informed
that they were sick
of this one kid sitting with them
so they had to fill up the table quick!
Oh well...
at least I'm better then the
annoying kid.
It turns out that Ruth and her Spanish Smarty table
liked me enough to allow my to sit at their table
from then on.
They were quite nice,
and I learned that Ruth
wasn't as scary as I thought she was.
In fact she helped me all class period long
and would pull these funny faces
at me.
Life in Spanish was finally good:)
Until I had to switch periods...
dang.

Funny Faces like this :)


Ruth and my story would have ended here,
if it wasn't for
KAMERON!
You see all through
Junior Year
I became good friend with Mr. Kameron.
In turn
KamERON
was becoming good friends
with dear Ruth,
I just had no clue it was going on...
I guess I must be thankful for Kam's
lack of credit in Science:)
To make my already LONG
Blog post not so much longer
(aka make a long story short)
Kam and Ruth became
Good Friends.
~
Kayla and Kam
became good friends.
~
Kam leaves the summer
after Graduation to live in
Texas.
~
Kayla is a bad friend
and doesn't keep
in good contact with Kam.
~
Ruth is a good friend
and stays in contact with Kam.
~
Kam comes home.
~
Kam has new mystery friend girl!
~
Kam is no longer available
24/7
because he at times is with
Mystery Girl.
~
Kayla, Bekah and Jason
are HIGHLY
curious about said
mystery girl.
~
We finally figure out Mystery Girl is
RUTH!
~
So, because we are slightly spoiled and want
Kam to hangout with us
every time we are together,
we invite Ruth to come too.
~
Poor Ruth.
We probably scared her to death.
But she kept coming back.
(Maybe only because of her love for Kam...)
and she stuck with us.
~
Ruth and I were now
"Friends"


This is KamERON and Ruth

April found me in
North Carolina as a nanny and
I had left all my friends
back in Utah.
(Obviously...)
Strangely enough
Ruth was one of the few
who tried to stay
in contact with me.
She would text me funny pictures.
Message me on facebook
and always comment on
my photos.
I grew to appreciate Ruth
ALOT.


July came and
I was back in Utah.
Life in NC had gone Horribly wrong
and life now back in Utah
was going wrong too....
Enter: Ruth.
Me and Ruth :)
Ruth has impacted my life
because she cared enough
to listen.


She let me ramble, cry and pitch fits.
She let me talk her ear off
and she walked a million times
around Bonneville track
while I did it.
Since then
Ruth has been one of
my closest friends.
Ruth is willing to see the
good in me
when all I'm doing is showing
the world the ugly.
She will listen while I ramble
on about stupid fluff
and she will cheer
me up in a heart beat.

I'm sure I drive her crazy more then
half the time,
but she sticks with me.
I'm so glad I have Ruth in my life!













3 comments:

  1. Kayla that was so great. I love how you worded all of that. Thank You so much! haha and i'm sure that "air of sophistication" was just sweaty mist from Mr. Nagro ;)

    ReplyDelete