Thursday, March 10, 2011

Life in the day

Ash Wednesday was Yesterday.
I had no clue until I picked up
Aidan at school.
All moms were dressed in their Sunday Best
I was dressed in a hoodie and Jeans.
Cue: Stink Eye part 1
Aidan had "dirt" on his face.
I tried to wipe it off his face.
Cue: Melt down.
Aidan hysterically
started to scream
"I CAN'T THINK OF JESUS WITH OUT IT!!!"
oops... It was Holy Ashes
Cue: Stink Eye part 2
Once calmed,
Aidan peered at my face and asked
"Where are your ashes?"
I told him I didn't have any.
"Why didn't you go to church?"
I explained that I wasn't Catholic.
"Non-Believers go to Hell."
Cue: Time to go.

2 comments:

  1. Well, Kayla, it's a good thing you aren't a non-believer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's slightly embarrassing that you took the ashes off! I didn't know either til I saw like 6 people with the crosses on their forehead. I thought they were raising awareness for AIDS.

    It makes me sad that even kids that young tell anyone else that doesn't belong to their faith will end up in Hell. Can't believing in a God and being good be enough?

    ReplyDelete