Thursday, March 31, 2011

Garden HOE!

Monday while shopping at Winco

I noticed seeds were on sell.

30% off!

I of course bought some.

Problem: Me and Green Thumb-ness don't mix....

That didn't stop me though from going to Home Depot and buying

a 72 cell seed starter.

Yes.. 72.

Why do i need 72?

uh....


So my peas, corn, tomatoes, pansies and catnip

are planted,

watered.,

watered again,

and continue to be little black mounds of squishy dirt....

Then again it's only been 3 1/2 days.

the packets said it takes 8-12 days to "germinate"

but I'm not the patient kind.

Hence the most logical reason for my Non-Green Thumb condition.

But once more I continued on

blatantly ignoring my condition.

For example.

Today I weed whacked.

yes

you read right.

I,

Kayla M Cannon,

weed whacked for the

very first time

in my

WHOLE

life.

And I did it in shorts.


Why did i weed whack?

Because the area in my backyard

that was designed by

hopefully

delusional people

to be a garden

if full of

thigh high

weeds.

It's like a jungle.

Maybe I should have gotten a tiger instead of

a 72 cell seed starter kit.

And said jungle will have to be removed

so that my 72 cell seed starter kit

will have some where to be deposited when( if... ) they grow.

SO out a went and weed whacked.

My fathers departing words were

"When you cut yourself, come in, and I'll take you to the ER"

but my weed whacking adventure contained no blood.


Now i have a 2x8 foot area of ground that looks like

it's been given a very bad hair cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment